Saturday 2 June 2012

Baby bake-a-thon

Less than 6 weeks until my beautiful baby makes his or her entrance into the world! I can't wait to meet our little one and give them lots of cuddles and kisses.
In the meantime, I have been on a bit of cooking spree in preperation for their arrival. I figured that once bubs arrives I will hardly have time to eat a piece of cake...let alone bake one! Not only have I been making cakes, biscuits, pikelets and savoury muffins (all to freeze), I have also been gradually stocking up our freezer with meals that I have made and then frozen in containers. Dinner in a hurry? I'm getting all sorted with that one! I'm sure there will be plenty of nights where dinner will be the last thing on our minds! So hopefully all this preperation helps. Plus, it makes me feel super organised =)

I thought I might share this easy choc-chip cookie recipe. These cookies are incredibly tasty and can be made using different variations. For example, my grandma adds Milo to her mixture (so yummy!), and I have previously used M&M's instead of choc chips. Be creative and let your inner baker shine through!



150g margarine (softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 capful of vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1 cup choc chips or choc buttons

- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat together the margarine, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until well combined
- Beat in egg
- Stir in the plain flour (you may find it easier to add the flour gradually as you stir, rather than pouring it all in at once). You would add Milo at this point, if you were following my grandma =)
- Fold through the choc chips or buttons
- Roll tablespoons of the cookie mixture into balls and place evenly on the trays
- Press on the top of each one gently, using a fork
- Bake for 15-18 mins or until golden on top.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack


They look tempting, don't they? Now the trick is to not eat all my hard work before baby comes! Hehe.

Happy baking!
Emilley xx Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment